[Pulp-list] Problem installing and running pulp/crane

Aaron Weitekamp aweiteka at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 15:15:43 UTC 2015

Adding pulp-list at redhat.com. Comments inline...

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Krist van Besien
<krist.vanbesien at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This mail is going out to all the adresses in pulp/crane/AUTHORS in
> the hope that one of them can shed some light on my problem. I'll be
> happy if one of you answers.
>
> I have been trying to install and use crane on a local pulp repository.
> I am now stuck at the point that the following gives me a response:
> curl http://localhost:5000/v1/_ping

All API calls to crane will follow the docker registry v1 protocol[1],
not the pulp API. The ping command is a valid API call to the docker
registry.

[1] http://docs.master.dockerproject.org/reference/api/registry_api/

> But anything else that is supposed to give me output is just resulting
> in a 404, eg.
> curl http://localhost:5000/crane/repositories

This is a Pulp call. Crane only serves docker registry API calls so
this is an expected failure. Try a registry call like...

curl http://localhost:5000/v1/repositories/<IMAGE/NAME>/images

or...

curl http://localhost:5000/v1/repositories/<IMAGE/NAME>/tags