[Pulp-list] pulp notification's

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Wed Jul 15 20:22:36 UTC 2015

Brian,
Thank you for the response.
What I would like to see is something  a little more user friendly than just code being dumped to the email.
I get lots of notifications from different environments all the time, SAN, backups, syslog etc...   All of these notifications have the same, or nearly same format.  They have a heading of some kind letting the user know what the notification is about, whether it's critical or just informative.  Items like the event time and description have headings then followed by the start or stop time, or by a description of what the notification is for.
What I get, and I'm assuming that everyone gets the same type of notification, looks like code  just being dumped to an email and sent out.
As I parse through this email, I do see the potential for a better formatted email.  I see "task_type"  That could be a heading letting the user know that a repo sync is running.  I see "start_time".  That could be a label with the start time the sync started.  I also see "event_type" and "repo_id".   Those could be put in a description letting the user know that a repo sync is currently running for a particular repo.
Thanks
Daryl