[Pulp-list] [dev] merging with two betas

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 15:16:52 UTC 2015

Developers,

We will soon have two betas (2.6.3 and 2.7.0) being tested concurrently. If you need to make a code change to the 2.6.3 beta, which will be in the 2.6-testing branch, please talk to me first to confirm the correct base commit on which to make your changes. If I'm not available, ask on this email list or on IRC for another developer to sanity-check the base you've chosen.

See "git merge-base --help" for help on choosing a base.

Starting from the correct base will ensure that your changes merge cleanly to all of the correct places, which can be more difficult than you might expect when betas are involved.

Thanks!
Michael