[Pulp-list] recover from filesystem full

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 02:58:17 UTC 2015

Alex,

I'm glad you were able to get things back up and running. So would you summarize your path to success as 1) free up some space, 2) restart services, and then everything was fine? Did you have to do anything with mongodb?

FWIW, my favorite way to quickly free up space and inodes is "yum clean all".

There was discussion of this recently, that we need to investigate all the ways that pulp could fail when the filesystem fills up. Presumably most of that would happen during a sync process, and ideally pulp would be able to gracefully stop what it's doing and fail the task.

If someone, perhaps yourself, is willing to spend a little time experimenting with causing a disk-full situation and collecting info about how pulp behaves, and where it got stuck, that would be very helpful! I and others would be happy to brainstorm on how to setup a VM for this, what data to collect, etc.

Michael