[Pulp-list] help needed setting up a workflow

Alex Harvey alexharv074 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 03:59:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am struggling a bit to understand and set up Pulp.

I have a requirement to have a central Pulp server that just mirrors
CentOS, EPEL etc.

Then, inside various cloud projects, I'd like to mirror all this again to
client Pulp servers for use in our CI/CD process.  Each time we promote a
software release from DEV -> UAT and then from UAT -> PROD, I'd like to be
able to simultaneously promote the CentOS release that was tested with it.

Based on slideshows I've seen, I have the impression that Pulp can do all
this and much more(?), and it even looks easy!, but I can't find
documentation showing me how.

For instance, slide 47 from here kind of looks like what I'm trying to do -
except that the arrows seem to imply that promotion from DEV -> UAT etc
would involve 8 clone operations whereas I would hope that only a single
atomic "promote" operation could occur:
http://www.slideshare.net/KrisBuytaert/puppet-cd

If someone can give me some pointers, I'll definitely write up how it was
done in great detail for a blog post that you can share at the Pulp
project, if that helps.

Best regards,
Alex