[Pulp-list] Pulp Logging Documentation for rsyslogd Incorrect

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Fri May 1 14:59:02 UTC 2015

Ben,

This has been resolved by issue #654 and merged to 2.6-testing.  The
next 2.6 build will update RTD.  It was general consensus that the
pulp project documentation should not be suggesting rsyslog
configuration changes at all for these reasons:

1. rsyslog.conf is general system configuration.
2. rsyslog.conf contains scripting language and not configuration.

So the resolution was to replace the incorrect documentation with a
reference to rsyslog documentation.

That said, your suggests are valuable to the pulp community and I
would encourage you to continue to share them on the mailing list and
perhaps and blog post.

Thanks,

Jeff

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/654