[Pulp-list] Using pulp to create monthly releases

Mike Griffin mgriffin at griftech.net
Thu May 14 22:23:45 UTC 2015

I'm looking for a way to efficiently use pulp to create monthly releases
for repos on my disconnected network.

My initial thought is to have my internet-connected pulp server nightly
sync the repos into some -stage repo, then once a month "cut" the release,
by copying the -stage repo into a -release repo. What I'm stuck on is how I
could determine what changes were made from month to month and move just
the changes, along with the updates to the repodata (comps.xml, etc). I
want to prune the old packages out as well as add the new ones. I know that
the export has --start-date and --end-date parameters, but that does not
export the updated repodata, nor does it give me the removed packages.
Also, the export doesn't allow me to re-create the release repo in its
entirety on the other side.

Has anyone else thought about how to create monthly releases?

Thanks
--
Regards,
Mike Griffin