[Pulp-list] Using pulp to create monthly releases

Mike Griffin mgriffin at griftech.net
Thu May 14 23:21:29 UTC 2015

Thanks for the response. I'm using pulp2.6.1 and my plan is to have a pulp
server on both sides.

Maybe I can illustrate my requirements a little easier. For example:
During my first month of April, package A-1.0, B-1.0, and C-1.0 are
downloaded via the nightly sync. When I create my release, all 3 packages
appear in my export and I move them downstream.

The next month when I create my release-set, package A is updated to
version 2.0, B is static, C is removed upstream and D1.0 is released. Since
I have my nightly sync set to "remove-missing true" and "retain-old-count
0", A1.0 and C1.0 should be removed from the sync repo and therefore
removed from the release-set. I want to move A2.0 and D1.0 downstream, copy
B1.0 that already exists downstream and re-create the release directory
there (A2.0, B1.0, D1.0).

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Barnaby Court <bcourt at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having an internet connected pulp server could definitely help with
> creating releases like this.  A couple of questions:
>
> Could you help with explaining about more in terms of what you are looking
> for regarding pruning? Export is challenging for this since what is
> exported is a yum repository, it does not include information about
> packages that have been removed.
> Are you considering running a Pulp server on your disconnected network to
> make the data available there?
> Exporting a repository by default creates the mirror of what you would get
> by accessing it from the pulp server directly. The start-date and end-date
> parameters are specifically designed for incremental exports. Can you give
> a specific example of what is missing from the generated iso when you use
> those parameters?
> One last question, what version of Pulp are you using?  Thanks!
>
> -Barnaby

Regards,
Mike Griffin

Ever grateful, ever true