[Pulp-list] Unstarted tasks?

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri May 22 17:32:07 UTC 2015

This symptom comes up every few weeks, perhaps 3 times now that I've
worked on. In each of those cases the pulp_resource_manager,
pulp_workers, and pulp_celerybeat services were not started or
starting with errors.

Can you verify each of those are started using ps, and verify they
start without error using the log output on process startup? Manually
killing them and verifying they are stopped would be good too before
starting them.

Send more info if you have any; we can also work through stuff on
#pulp if you want.

There may be an issue here, but I suspect it's related to these
processes either not stopping or not starting as expected. Narrowing
down a reproducer for that would be good.

- -Brian

On 05/22/2015 01:15 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
> oops, I realized I pasted wrong.  I actually had a series of 6
> tasks all with:
>
> State: Waiting Start Time: Unstarted
>
> yet, nothing was executing. It appeared that Pulp was doing no work
> and these tasks would never get picked up and worked on.
>
> I'll file an issue describing the situation.
>

> On 05/22/2015 05:03 AM, Ben Stanley wrote:
>> The first task is completed. The state is Successful. Pulp does
>> not remove completed tasks from the task list - yet. For now,
>> they just ... accumulate.
>>
>> The second task is waiting on something. Pulp 2.6 and later are
>> somewhat better at getting on with tasks than their predecessors.
>> You may have to clear out old tasks first [0].
>>
>> Hope this helps, Ben.
>>
>> [0]
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-list/2015-May/msg00001.html
>>

>> On 22 May 2015 12:11:15 PM Mike McCune <mmccune at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> What would be the cause of a series of these tasks:
>>>
>>> Operations: unassociate Resources:
>>> Engineering-DEV-SAM_RHEL6-Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_Server-Red_Hat_E

nterprise_Linux_6_Server_RPMs_x86_64_6Server (repository)
>>> State: Successful Start Time: 2015-05-21T23:41:26Z Finish Time:
>>> 2015-05-21T23:41:26Z Task Id:
>>> 3317b82a-9e21-422f-bbe3-63e6248348a0
>>>
>>> Operations: unassociate Resources:
>>> Engineering-TEST-Satellite_RHEL7-Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_Server-Re

d_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_7_Server_RPMs_x86_64_7Server