[Pulp-list] What to do with Puppet Deployment

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 21:55:27 UTC 2015

For a variety of reasons, not least of which is that Katello has a
project that has the same purpose[0], the Pulp team is unable to maintain the Puppet
Deployment repository[1]. I'd like to have a discussion here about the
future of the repository. Here are a few possibilities, feel free to
suggest you own ideas in response:

0) We could remove the repository.
1) We could make the repository's README state that it is deprecated,
and provide a link to the Katello project.
1.5) We could remove all code from the repository, leaving only the
README about how it is deprecated and to use the Katello repository.
2) Someone from the community who is proficient at Puppet could take
ownership of maintaining the repository, including pull request review
and fixing issues.

Any other ideas or thoughts?

[0] https://github.com/Katello/puppet-pulp
[1] https://github.com/pulp/puppet_deployment