[Pulp-list] 2.8 upgrade path

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 19:06:02 UTC 2015

I propose that we do not facilitate upgrading directly to pulp 2.8 from any
release earlier than 2.4. I could easily be talked into drawing the line at
2.5.

With the tremendous amount of refactor work going on in 2.8, maintaining
those old migrations is more challenging than ever. Many used code that is
now being heavily modified or deprecated. We will save a lot of time and
headache by removing migrations from 2.8 that were introduced prior to 2.4.

The small number of users who may still be on 2.3 or earlier can upgrade to
2.4 - 2.7 first, and then upgrade to 2.8+.

Feedback? Concerns?

Michael