[Pulp-list] package group explanation

Salvatore Di nardo sdinardo at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 14:22:40 UTC 2015

Actually i have to correct myself.. everything works just fine.
The issue i had was due the fact that those rpm's was not available in
the repositories provided to the machine. ^_^''

Once the client had the rpms available then everything start working as
expected:

            yum group install package-group-gpfs-client-4.1.0-8
            Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, subscription-manager
            Resolving Dependencies
            --> Running transaction check
            ---> Package gpfs.base.x86_64 0:4.1.0-8 will be installed
            ---> Package gpfs.docs.noarch 0:4.1.0-8 will be installed
            ---> Package gpfs.ext.x86_64 0:4.1.0-8 will be installed
            ---> Package gpfs.gpl.noarch 0:4.1.0-8 will be installed
            ---> Package gpfs.gskit.x86_64 0:8.0.50-32 will be installed
            ---> Package gpfs.msg.en_US.noarch 0:4.1.0-8 will be installed
            --> Finished Dependency Resolution

            Dependencies Resolved

            =============================================================================================================================================
              Package Arch                        Version
            Repository                              Size
            =============================================================================================================================================
            Installing for group install "Package Group for GPFS 4.1.0-8
            clients":
              gpfs.base x86_64                      4.1.0-8
            rhel-7-ebi-extras                       14 M
              gpfs.docs noarch                      4.1.0-8
            rhel-7-ebi-extras                      261 k
              gpfs.ext x86_64                      4.1.0-8
            rhel-7-ebi-extras                      2.0 M
              gpfs.gpl noarch                      4.1.0-8
            rhel-7-ebi-extras                      589 k
              gpfs.gskit x86_64                      8.0.50-32
            rhel-7-ebi-extras                      4.2 M
              gpfs.msg.en_US noarch                      4.1.0-8
            rhel-7-ebi-extras                      137 k

            Transaction Summary
            =============================================================================================================================================
            Install  6 Packages

            Total download size: 21 M
            Installed size: 64 M
            Is this ok [y/d/N]:

Maybe future pulp releases could change the warning message from:

*    Warning: Group package-group-gpfs-client-4.1.0-8 does not have any
packages to install.

*to something like:*
*
*    Warning: Group package-group-gpfs-client-4.1.0-8 cannot find some
of the mandatory packages defined in the package group.
*
or something similar.

Salvatore
Salvatore