[Pulp-list] Bootstrapping Pulp

Eric Berthiaume (External) Eric_Berthiaume.external at discovery.com
Wed Oct 21 10:56:42 UTC 2015

Hello list!

I've checked the archives and documentation but havent found a clear cut answer to my question.

I've succefully installed a pulp-server + consumers on my test bench servers via puppet.  It's all good but this was done with servers already installed and updated via a classic internal repo (the one set through our kickstart image).

What I would like to know is how people are bootstrapping pulp from the start so it uses only the pulp server to update it's packages and finish the initial installation?  We are not using any provisionning system (Satellite, Foreman, Katello) but maybe we should :)

I'm asking this cause it would simplify our infrastructure a lot having only one source of package management to maintain (anndddd ton of disk space).

Thanks.

Eric