[Pulp-list] Synchronize Git Repositories: Crazy?

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 18:11:39 UTC 2015

Scott McCarty wrote:
> - Absolutely, is there a guide somewhere on how to start this off?

I don't believe we have any formal process documented for writing a
story, so I'll write some high level stuff here:

0) Use Redmine to file a new issue:
https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/issues/new

1) Choose "Story" as the type.

2) Try to word the title of the story with "As a user, I can do such and
such" so that the story is focused on what problem the user wants to
solve, not necessarily on the technical details on how to solve it.

3) Use the body to describe the use case in detail.

4) The comments can then be used by people to discuss possible
solutions, to ask questions, or for conversation that further defines
the user story. The description can be updated as people go if desired.

5) Once the story seems to be "ready to be worked on" (and has a set of
clear deliverables), there is a checkbox called "sprint candidate". Once
this is checked, the team will look at it and decide whether the
description is well defined. If it is, it will get marked as "groomed".

6) Alternatively, you can lead the development effort yourself and not
worry too much about the "sprint candidate"/"groomed" workflow, so long
as the story seems to be well vetted. We accept pull requests so long as
they meet our quality standards (and we will help you get to the
expected quality standards during code review).

Does that help? Thanks!