[Pulp-list] yum groupinstall pulp-server-qpid issue for pulp installation

Mallick, Samiron samiron.mallick at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:38:14 UTC 2016

Thank you very much Dennis for providing me quick work around.

Seems after adding the said repo the python-qpid dependency issue gone but
still stuck on:

Error: Package: qpid-cpp-client-0.34-4.el6.x86_64 (group_qpid-qpid)
           Requires: libqpid-proton.so.3()(64bit)
Error: Package: qpid-cpp-server-0.34-4.el6.x86_64 (group_qpid-qpid)
           Requires: libqpid-proton.so.3()(64bit)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I installed qpid-proton-c.x86_64 from EPEL repo as the same has to provide
following:
*Provides :*
qpid-proton
libqpid-proton.so.3()(64bit)
qpid-proton-c
qpid-proton-c(x86-64)

but the error still persist.

On RHEL7 the error looks like following after making changes to the
Priority part on some repos.

[root at mysrv7 yum.repos.d]# sed -n -e "/^\[/h; /priority *=/{ G; s/\n/ /;
s/ity=/ity = /; p }" /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo | sort -k3n
priority = 1 [epel]
priority = 1 [katello]
priority = 1 [katello-candlepin]
priority = 1 [katello-client]
priority = 1 [katello-pulp]
priority = 1 [pulp-2-stable]
priority = 1 [rhel-7-server-extras-rpms]
priority = 1 [rhel-7-server-optional-rpms]
priority = 1 [rhel-7-server-rpms]
priority = 1 [rhel-7-server-supplementary-rpms]
[root at mysrv7 yum.repos.d]# yum groupinstall pulp-server-qpid
Loaded plugins: priorities, product-id, search-disabled-repos,
subscription-manager
There is no installed groups file.
Maybe run: yum groups mark convert (see man yum)
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/%40qpid/qpid/epel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article

https://access.redhat.com/articles/1320623

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please open a ticket
with Red Hat Support.

113 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Warning: Group pulp-server-qpid does not have any packages to install.
Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum)
No packages in any requested group available to install or update

*Thanks,*

*Sam*