[Pulp-list] Stuck repo sync job

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 18:27:12 UTC 2016

I'm not sure how you would get into this situations. When it occurs can
you check which worker is assigned the work, and verify that that worker
is still running?

Upon starting a worker will move previous tasks it was handling that are
still in the running state to cancelled. Also pulp_celerybeat monitors
pulp workers to determine if died to move its tasks to a cancelled
state. Both of these mechanisms would have to fail in order to have a
task stay in the running state when its not running. Could it still be
running?

You indicate you rebooted the box and those tasks didn't go to
cancelled. Is it possible they are on another box connected to your
broker or when killing them it didn't respond to the signal you sent it?

The 2.7.1 doesn't have any known defects like the ones your describing
so sending more info to the list would be good.

-Brian