[Pulp-list] Error searching rpm repositories by fields using dot notation in Pulp 2.8.2

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 27 21:22:00 UTC 2016

When I run 'pulp-admin rpm repo search --fields notes.A' , I get the following error:
Invalid properties: ['Field: <notes.A> does not exist on objects in the <repos> collection']

I'm sure that the attribute A exists in notes dict.
This is confirmed by a find() command with the same query in the mongo shell:

$ use pulp_database
$ db.repos.find({}, {'notes.A': 1})

This pulp-admin command works with pulp/pulp-admin 2.5.3 and MongoDB 2.4.9 installed on RHEL 6.5.

I see similar behavior using Pulp API.

Anyone has seen this before? It may be a bug?

Regards,
Alan Evangelista