[Pulp-list] PostgreSQL/Django Support

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 17:14:23 UTC 2016

I found the release note from django that talks about not supporting
postgres 8.4 in django 1.8:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/releases/1.8/#support-for-postgresql-versions-older-than-9-0

Are you aware of any actual incompatibility? Or are they not supporting
postgres before 9.0, because upstream postgres doesn't support it?

This certainly isn't ideal, but I wonder if django 1.8 would happily work
on postgres 8.4, and we'd just be on our own if stuff goes wrong. And
obviously we couldn't use any new postgres-specific features in that case.
Or maybe there actually are backward-incompatible API changes in 9.0?

Michael