[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.6 vs 2.8 event notifier question

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Wed Feb 3 17:16:23 UTC 2016

I'm glad we're clarifying use cases, but back to agreeing on a solution: Would
it be sufficient for katello if we added an option to that notifier to skip
cert verification, but make the default behavior to do the validation?
Would anyone object to that?

That would be a simple fix to help avoid breaking compatibility for users
on upgrade to 2.8. Regardless of what the ideal behavior should be, the
current behavior in 2.8 is different and obviously incompatible with
assumptions that users have made with previous versions.

Michael