[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.8.0 beta available

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:12:08 UTC 2016

Perhaps a silly question, but coming from the Satellite 5 world I'm just
wanting to be sure - is upgrading from one major version to the next really
as easy as 3 commands to upgrade and 3 service restarts?
Every major release upgrade was a massive headache that I shared with many
other sysadmins each time judging from the search hits I'd get about each
problem I'd encounter going from 5.4 -> 5.5, 5.5 -> 5.6 and so on.

Are there common problems people encounter during the upgrades?  Are there
any particular preflight tasks one should be aware of beyond getting good
conf file and Mongo backups?

Are there disk paths that will have occupancy temporarily balloon during
the upgrade process as was common Satellite?

Sorry to sound skeptical, but thrice bitten forever shy on the upgrade
front it seems..

Thanks!
 - Kodiak