[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.8.0 beta available

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 14:01:33 UTC 2016

Generally upgrades should be that easy. We write the release notes for
each release, based on the specific changes reading those thoroughly
will give you the best result.

Some releases will come with disk migrations, but most won't so I don't
expect any ballooning of disk space. Trying a test upgrade on a test
system that has a copy of your production database is also recommended.

Testing an upgrade while we are in beta or release candidate stage is
great, and if you run into any issues while you do e-mail pulp-list.

Pulp follows semantic versioning since the 2.4 release so when upgrading
within a minor release (like 2.7.1 -> 2.8.0) you should have backwards
compatibility.

-Brian