[Pulp-list] Pulp ISO repo

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 21:08:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 07:19:17PM +0000, White, Marcus O. (GSFC-423.0)[RAYTHEON CO] wrote:
> I’ve read the doc’s on creating an ISO repo, but what is the purpose for creating such a repo?

Hello Marcus!

The ISO repo is capable of a few things:

0) Red Hat distributes its ISOs in an ISO repository, which Pulp can
sync with this plugin type.

1) You can push your own ISOs into Pulp and distribute them similarly.

2) Technically, Pulp does not check or care that the ISOs are really ISO
files. Therefore, you can push arbitrary files into these repos and Pulp
will happily publish them with a PULP_MANIFEST file and is also able to
sync them from Pulp to Pulp. You could use this to mirror png files,
flac files, or whatever you like!

Hope that helps!

--
Randy Barlow