[Pulp-list] 2.9 branch at freeze?

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 16:24:33 UTC 2016

Traditionally, we've created the x.y-dev branch after the corresponding
pulp version is released. I was thinking it would be good to create that
branch at the freeze point (pretty much right now) rather than waiting.

Open PRs against master would have to be dealt with specially, but I think
we can avoid mass-closing PRs with some git-merge-fu, since presumably anything
already POSTed can be manually merged backward cleanly to the new dev branch,
and then merged forward normally to close the PR. I'm happy to help with this
if we do go ahead and create the dev branch now.

So, is it branch time?