[Pulp-list] Q on 2.8.3 -> 2.8.4 server update and noticed I was missing goferd

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 20:53:14 UTC 2016

On 06/06/2016 04:28 PM, James Davis wrote:
> I started with a clean server install on CenOS7 with 2.8.3 and one client to test. Works ok when "yum update" is run on the client.
>
> I noticed the 2.8.4 hotfix was available. I read the release notes and ran the stop and noticed that I didn't have goferd running - or installed. I can't find anywhere where that is required to be installed by hand or installed by dependency on a pulp server - only on the consumer. Is that an artifact of older server releases or what? The db migration ran without errors and I restarted everything.
>
> The only thing I haven't tried yet is pushing content from the server.

That's entirely correct; I apologize for being unclear about that in the release notes.

You definitely do need to stop all the other services (httpd, pulp_workers,
pulp_resource_manager, pulp_celerybeat) before updating, but if you don't have goferd
installed because you aren't running a consumer alongside the pulp server, that's fine,
and you can leave it out when stopping and starting services for an upgrade.