[Pulp-list] Publishing web-accessible symlinks

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:56:35 UTC 2016

Dunno how technically correct this solution is, but it seems to work:

$pwd
/var/www/pub/yum/https/repos/

$sudo -u apache ln -s rhel-os/server/7/7Server/x86_64 rhel-7-latest

$ls -lah
drwxr-x---.  3 apache apache   33 Jun 17 10:38 rhel-os
lrwxrwxrwx.  1 apache apache   31 Jun 17 11:49 rhel-7-latest ->
rhel-os/server/7/7Server/x86_64

Contents of my RHEL 7 repos are now avail at rhel-7-latest:
https://pulp-beta.somecollege.edu/pulp/repos/rhel-7-latest/

That's a helluva lot simpler than my original thought for you quandry which
would be to create a blank repo called rhel-7-server-latest, do an rpm copy
job on all the rpms in your latest snapshot, then tear that -latest repo
down and recreate quarterly with the new latest quarterly snapshot.

 - Kodiak