[Pulp-list] [devel] Create a `devel` repository for Pulp

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 18:40:03 UTC 2016

On 06/20/2016 01:49 PM, Jeremy Cline wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently, we have development-related files and packages spread out
> across our Git repositories on GitHub. It would be nice if it was all
> part of one repository for developers. This would include things like:
>
>  * The Vagrantfile currently in pulp/pulp
>  * The devel Python packages currently in each repo
>  * Release engineering tooling currently in pulp/pulp
>  * Jenkins jobs definitions currently in pulp/pulp_packaging
>  * Ansible playbooks currently in pulp/pulp and pulp/pulp_packaging
>  * Various tools and scripts living in "playpens"
>
> It might also be worth breaking out our Ansible roles into their own
> `ansible` repository. Right now we have _two_ sets of Ansible roles
> (one in pulp/pulp and on in pulp/pulp_packaging).
>
> What do you all think?

Yes. I'm also happy to see the ansible books live in devel since they're primarly
used by vagrant and CI, which would both live in devel, and you can't do either
without one or the ansible playbooks.

+1 for 'devel' and not 'pulp_devel', I still sometimes think that we have a
'packaging' plugin because of the 'pulp_packaging' repo name.