[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.9 Beta 1 Released

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 13:21:50 UTC 2016

Pulp 2.9 Beta 1 is now available, and can be downloaded from
the 2.9 beta repositories:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/beta/2.9/

This release includes many new features, as well as bug fixes. Owing to the more
rapid, time-based release of 2.9, this release should consist of fewer new
features compared to the release of 2.8. Try out the new features, and let us
know how they work for you!

Upgrading
=========

The 2.9 beta repositories are included in the pulp repo files:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for fedora 22 & 23
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 6 & 7

After enabling the 2.9 beta repositories, you'll want to follow the standard
upgrade path, with migrations, to get to 2.9:

> $ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat
> $ sudo yum upgrade
> $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
> $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat

New Features
============

New features for Pulp 2.9 include optimizations in publishing, repoview support
for yum repos, langpacks support for yum repos, and more:

  Pulp
	1724	Publish should be a no-op if no units and no settings have changed since the last successful publish

  RPM Support
	1976	As user, I can specify directory where all rpms will be published
	1716	As a user, I can have better memory performance on Publish by using SAX instead of etree for comps and updateinfo XML production
	1543	As a user, I would like incremental export to be the same format as full export
	1367	comps langpacks support
	1158	As a user, I can force full/fresh publish of rpms and not do an incremental publish
	1003	As a user, I can use pulp-admin to upload of package_environment
	189	Repoview-like functionality for browsing repositories via the web interface

View this list in redmine:
http://bit.ly/1XXtIps