[Pulp-list] epel-release rolled a new version and installed a new epel.repo

James Davis jdavis at douglas.co.us
Wed Jun 22 22:01:35 UTC 2016

I tested an update on one of my clients and got a brand new /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo config. I didn't expect or plan
for that - my bad.

My options are to add an "exclude = epel-release*" to all my clients pulp.repo/epel config before I manually run updates
or whack all
other rpm config files under /etc/yum.repos.d/ except for pulp.repo an rhel-pulp.repo before an update. Neither is
optimal IMHO.

Is there possibly work going on to either exclude or only include rpm's or groups on a pulp rpm config (or did I miss
something in the docs)?

My single 2.8.4 server config is to simply mirror CentOS 6 and 7 and EPEL for 6 and 7 and provide a local mirror for
much faster updates.

thx

jim