[Pulp-list] New Redmine Field: Target Platform Release

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 20:53:08 UTC 2016

In Redmine, the "Target Release" field on the main "Pulp" project has
been renamed to "Target Platform Release", and is now available on all
projects. This can be used to differentiate pulp _platform_ releases
from pulp _plugin_ releases, and also indicate which plugin-related
issues are associated with a given pulp platform release.

I put together a quick "Next Release" query demonstrating the change in
action: https://pulp.plan.io/issues?query_id=59

As we work on issues in plugins for upcoming releases, developers should
please remember to update this field appropriately for correct reporting.

We've been talking about doing this for a while now, and decided to wait
until after we got through the 2.8.0 release before making this change.
With the recent announcement of 2.8.0, the change is now live. (woot!)

We have some nascent plans related to the plugins and how to identify
which plugin versions are used in a given pulp release, but for now this
change will hopefully make it easier to see exactly what's going into a
given release of pulp, as well as what needs to be resolved before a
given release of pulp is "ready" for release.

I hope this helps make releases a little easier to visualize, and as
always, any and all feedback on this change is welcome. Thanks!

Now let's see what I broke... :)