[Pulp-list] Help setting permissions on roles

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Sun May 1 13:22:09 UTC 2016

Hello,
Yes you are on the right [i]path[/i]..., and I agree it's difficult and
intimidating.  I've been working on recreating the Satellite 5 model of
organizations and it's been a real pain trying to encapsulate various
groups' repos from eachother using custom roles.

One thing I can mention is to create a test group with no privs and a test
repo and spend some time doing basic tasks as a user the unprivileged group
while watching the apache logs to see the various paths that get blocked
from reads and writes, and create permissions for each blocked thing until
you have gotten all permissions you need (and nothing more!) so that you
can do what you need to do.

Sorry I don't have better advice.  One thing I'd love is for there to be
better/more predefined groups / roles capabilities bundled with pulp that
could be used as templates.

 - Kodiak