[Pulp-list] pulp 2.8 repos went into waiting state and never ends

Mallick, Samiron samiron.mallick at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:47:37 UTC 2016

Could anyone please tell me what went wrong with the repository. One of my
EL7 server registered and was able to fetch contents from CDN. Recently I
found one of the repo stuck after downloading RPMs. It’s never ending. I
rebooted my server, cancelled tasks, deleted the repo and recreated, but no
luck. No if I run sync, it directly going to waiting stage. Earlier I
observed it was starting the task but the start time was same as I ran the
job first time. Even now I am not able to delete the repo as well as it is
showing “Waiting to begin”. I am running Pulp v2.8. Any idea would be
greatly appreciated.

# rpm -qa pulp-server

pulp-server-2.8.2-1.el7.noarch

# pulp-admin rpm repo sync run --repo-id=rhel-6-server-supplementary-rpms

      Synchronizing Repository [rhel-6-server-supplementary-rpms]

This command may be exited via ctrl+c without affecting the request.

Downloading metadata...

[\]

... completed

Downloading repository content...

[-]

[==================================================] 100%

RPMs:       0/0 items

Delta RPMs: 0/0 items

... completed

Downloading distribution files...

[==================================================] 100%

Distributions: 0/0 items

... completed

Importing errata...

[/]

... completed

Importing package groups/categories...

[-]

... completed

Cleaning duplicate packages...

[|]

... completed

*** AND STUCK HERE ***

# pulp-admin tasks list

                                 Tasks

Operations:  sync

Resources:   rhel-6-server-supplementary-rpms (repository)

State:       Running

Start Time:  2016-05-03T07:06:36Z

Finish Time: Incomplete

Task Id:     2d776d63-fd8a-4e0a-8f32-d2276c85187c

Operations:  publish

Resources:   rhel-6-server-supplementary-rpms (repository)

State:       Waiting

Start Time:  Unstarted

Finish Time: Incomplete

Task Id:     03842c9d-e053-4a6f-a4c4-2d7302be9c8c

# date

Tue May  3 09:22:30 CEST 2016

# pulp-admin rpm repo sync schedules list
--repo-id=rhel-6-server-supplementary-rpms

                               Schedules

There are no schedules defined for this operation.

# pulp-admin rpm repo delete --repo-id=rhel-6-server-supplementary-rpms