[Pulp-list] pulp 2.8 repos went into waiting state and never ends

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue May 3 20:22:31 UTC 2016

Kodiak is right that the second task stuck at "Waiting to Begin" is
likely waiting behind another operation on that same repo. Canceling the
one prior will likely allow the later one to start.

How many workers are running and how many do you expect? You can see
what Pulp thinks with:  `pulp-admin status`

You can compare that to your pulp processes on all of your Pulp servers
with `sudo ps -awfux | grep celery`.

Also you can look at the task details with -vv to see the worker the
halted task is assigned to. Something like `pulp-admin -vv tasks details
--task-id 03842c9d-e053-4a6f-a4c4-2d7302be9c8c.`

Unfortunately you'll have to see the worker in the raw response with -vv
because of [0].

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/1832

-Brian