[Pulp-list] Pulp 3.0 Technology Stack Justifications

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Mon May 16 13:17:31 UTC 2016

On 05/12/2016 02:09 PM, Eric Helms wrote:
> Can you expand on why a separate search service is needed and how Postgres
> won't fill your needs?

Unfortunately, Django itself doesn't meet our needs for search when using
postgres as the DB.

To get it, we've got to go out to a plugin. The plugins available for this
are pretty slim pickings, and haystack stands out as the best option among
them. Since Django's our interface to the DB, we'd have to bolt on our own
search functionality to make the DB do this work.