[Pulp-list] Disconnected Satellite Packages

Ben Stanley Ben.Stanley at exemail.com.au
Thu May 19 21:23:51 UTC 2016

I have tried to use the pulp export functionality in an industrial context
(several hundred repos).

It works, but it isn't up to the task in my industrial context.

It might be ok for one or two repos, but for multiple related repos (e.g.
multiple versions of RHEL), there are severe issues:

* The expert process is very slow.
* Every repo exported contains its own full copy of each RPM. When
exporting related repos, this adds up to a huge amount of wasted space. So
much so that I could only export a fraction of my repos to a 6Tb HDD (pulp
internally stores all my repos in less than 2Tb by storing each RPM only
once, and sharing it between repos that need it).

This is just my experience of exporting repositories from pulp. Feel free
to try it out and add your own remarks.

Ben.