[Pulp-list] /var/lib/pulp/content directory structure changed from 2.4.0 to 2.9.1

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 16 19:57:23 UTC 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Pulp-list] /var/lib/pulp/content directory structure changed from 2.4.0 to 2.9.1
Date: 	Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:16:00 -0200
From: 	Alan Evangelista <alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: 	Michael Hrivnak <mhrivnak at redhat.com>

On 11/16/2016 12:08 PM, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> Despite the name, "pulp-manage-db" also handles migration of files on disk. So if you restore both
> the DB and /var/lib/pulp/content/ before running it, the files will get moved to the new locations.

Previously, I had (1) stopped pulp services, (2) restored DB, (3) run pulp-manage-db, (4) restored
/var/lib/pulp/content, (5) started pulp services. The migrations ran on an empty rpm pool.
I deleted current DB and did the following

(/var/lib/pulp/content is already restored)
(1) stop pulp services
(2) restore DB
(3) run pulp-manage-db
(4) start pulp services

Migrations run sucessfully, I only see some warnings about deprecated save/update commands. However,
after all migrations finish, I still see the old directory structure in /var/lib/pulp/content.
Have I done something wrong? pulp-manage-db logs the Mongo db queries it runs so I can understand
better what's going on?

Regards,
Alan