[Pulp-list] dropping el6 builds of Pulp

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 20:29:39 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 9:32 AM, <acjohnson at pcdomain.com> wrote:

> We are currently testing the use of pulp consumer for centralized package
> installation across our EL 5/6/7 servers and hope to use it in production
> in the near future.
>
> Will the pulp consumer packages (and deps) be available still for el6 and
> even el5?

Thanks for asking; I should have clarified which parts we are talking
about. There is no change planned for consumer support with pulp 2. This
discussion is only about which platforms you can deploy the server parts of
pulp on.

That said, we do plan to remove pulp-agent entirely with pulp 3. Other
projects specialize in host management and do it well; pulp is going to
focus on repository management, and leave host management to others. We
will definitely look for opportunities to make that integration as seamless
as possible.

Michael