[Pulp-list] Sometimes 'purge_duplicates' takes an abnormal amount of time

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 20:29:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've noticed that at times, during a sync, the 'purge_duplicates' step
seems to take what I would consider an abnormal amount of time. A sync that
usually takes 5 or so minutes can suddenly take an hour and it seems to
just sit at this particular step. Since Pulp progress reports do not
contain timing data [1] I cannot give hard numbers on this. Is there
anything that might explain this behavior? Is this a valid or known bug? I
am happy to provide as much data and information as I can because.

Thanks,
Eric

[1] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2434