[Pulp-list] external authentication/authorization

Jay Medrano jay.medrano at neulion.com
Thu Sep 1 21:50:37 UTC 2016

I have the exact same issue... my cookbook/runbook instructions for setting
up a pulp server require setting up users with passwords that are never
actually used. The users are created that way so that they can be added to
the admin group. If the LDAP feature is deprecated, there should be a
better way to manage users via Apache auth groups, but at this point it
doesn't seem that way.

On a similar topic... Here is a code snippet related to some changes I made
to the Apache auth section to allow LDAP auth when using the pulp-admin
client. Notice that I'm using the User-Agent header to determine if LDAP
auth is required, and I'm also defaulting apache auth when the login page
is requested. This allows LDAP auth to work when requesting a cert from the
pulp-admin client and also for the REST api. This also works when wget/curl
calls submit data to pulp.

<Files webservices.wsgi>

    # pass everything that isn't a Basic auth request through to Pulp

    SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/pulp/api/v2/actions/login/" USE_APACHE_AUTH=1

    SetEnvIfNoCase ^User-Agent$ .+ USE_APACHE_AUTH=1

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from env=!USE_APACHE_AUTH

    Satisfy Any