[Pulp-list] Content Upload Fails for ISOs

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 12:44:01 UTC 2016

I am attempting to upload a large file to the ISO importer via the content
upload workflow (create request, upload chunks and then import). When I do
this I am seeing an error in the Pulp logs:

summary: Downloading <None> failed validation. The manifest specified that
the
      file should be None bytes, but the downloaded file is 103248 bytes.

Doing some digging, it appears the ISO importer does a validation step [1]
where it computes and compares sizes. However, the 'self.size' does not get
set during content upload. Am I reading that correct? Is there a way around
this? Or a hack/patch?

Thanks,
Eric

[1]