[Pulp-list] Need help/advice with import tasks intermittently causing a time-out condition

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 22:14:00 UTC 2017

Both sync and import operations affect the content associated with a
repository, so those are serialized. Consider the case of importing and
publishing content at the same time. It would be unclear if the
concurrently imported content should be included in the publish or not.

If you list the task status output (especially with the -vvv option) I
think you can see the resource lock names used. If not, there then in the
reserved_resources collection in mongo while tasks are running. Pulp
serializes two tasks with the same resource lock name. That should allow
you to explore Pulp's locking behaviors based on the label types for
different operations.

More questions are welcome!