[Pulp-list] Pulp 3.0 and future requirements?

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue May 2 14:57:32 UTC 2017

Hi Dagan, With s/Nagios/nginx/ I much better understand your note. What I'm
hearing is that it would be valuable for Pulp to be able to run on other
webserver+WSGI stacks like Nginx and uWSGI. That is great feedback.

Besides the general availability of configuration files, I think there are
only two things (I know of) which prevent Pulp from running on another
stack currently:

1) Content protection. With httpd, access scripts are used so to reach a
yes/no decision if a client is allowed to have a given piece of content
based on the certificate they present.

2) mod_xsendfile functionality. This is what lets Pulp set a special header
which tells httpd the path of the file to return for that request. This
allows us to keep the content in the DB and at request-time tell httpd
which piece of content should be received for that request. We wouldneed
something similar

We would really like some help determining if things like nginx can support
the above two use cases.

-Brian