[Pulp-list] Pulp issue -- RHEL cert related?

Donald Wolfe dwolfe at central.com
Thu Oct 12 19:08:03 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had Pulp working fine with CentOS and RHEL 6 repositories, but ran into issues when installing RHEL 7 repos which, on the surface, would not seem to be related, but who's timing is suspect.

I copied certs from our RHEL 7 system so pulp could log in and sync repos from RH network.  I ran into an issue with the repo sync, and somewhere along the line when I ran:  subscription-manager refresh on the rhel 7 client system, copied the new certs over to the pulp server, removed those they replaced, and now nothing works.

root at sacpulp:/root # pulp-admin rpm repo list
                            RPM Repositories

There was an internal server error while trying to access the Pulp application.
One possible cause is that the database needs to be migrated to the latest
version. If this is the case, run pulp-manage-db and restart the services. More
information may be found in Apache's log.

root at sacpulp:/root # su - apache
Last login: Thu Oct 12 10:53:43 PDT 2017 on pts/1
$ pulp-manage-db
Attempting to connect to localhost:27017
Database initialization failed: localhost:27017: [Errno 111] Connection refused
Cannot connect to the database, please validate that the database is online and accessible.

root at sacpulp:/root # pulp-admin status
                          Status of the server

There was an internal server error while trying to access the Pulp application.
One possible cause is that the database needs to be migrated to the latest
version. If this is the case, run pulp-manage-db and restart the services. More
information may be found in Apache's log.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, and best regards,

Don

Email:  dwolfe at central.com
Office:  (925) 948-2829

Disclaimer: This communication and any attachments contain private, confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information intended solely for the Recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended Recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If received in error, we apologize and ask that you please notify the Sender by returning this e-mail and permanently deleting this communication from your computer, including destruction of any printed copies. Any views expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Company represented by this e-mail source. No contracts, agreements or legally binding understandings may be entered into solely by an e-mail communication.