[Pulp-list] advice for extracting more information from 'Forbidden' during sync jobs?

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:04:40 UTC 2018

Hi Pulp People,
I suspect Red Hat is having some limited trouble with their CDN lately as 2
Red Hat CDN repos started throwing forbiddens last week, and 2 additional
repos started throwing forbiddens over the weekend for a total of 4 out of
perhaps about 80 Red Hat CDN repos currently showing forbidden during sync.

The biggest problem is that it happens later into the sync and even with
TCPDump running it all happens within a TLS v1.2 tunnel so I can't see what
the remote origin of the 403 is.  Pulp is currently "too helpful" in that
it completely obfuscates paths and response codes, even during '-vvv'
runs.

Here's an example:

 https://cdn.redhat.com/content/beta/rhel/server/7/x86_64/rhscl/1/os

$pulp-admin  rpm repo sync run --repo-id=rhel-server-rhscl-7-beta-rpms
        Synchronizing Repository [rhel-server-rhscl-7-beta-rpms]

This command may be exited via ctrl+c without affecting the request.

Downloading metadata...
[\]
... completed

Downloading repository content...
[-]
[==================================================] 100%
RPMs:       0/0 items
Delta RPMs: 0/0 items

... completed

Downloading distribution files...
Distributions: 0/0 items

Task Failed

Error retrieving metadata: Forbidden

If anyone has any advice, that would be rad.  Thanks all!

 - Kodiak