[Pulp-list] advice for extracting more information from 'Forbidden' during sync jobs?

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:31:35 UTC 2018

Hi Brian, thanks for the reply.  Sadly the logs don't show much:
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/0T5YEdTquIWW2Avhy~J6NQ

I did get the idea since sending this email this morning to use curl to
investigate the problem.  The results make me think that there is an
upstream problem with cdn.redhat.com (or suddenly my entitlements work for
some things but not others) - check this out:

GOOD CDN:  https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/YJaOryGkExSfgNr9WPF9kg

BAD CDN:  https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/AhZtnKONgqdVgJxlAVKwCw

The 'X-Cache' tag contents seem intriguing but I'm certainly no CDN /
Akamai guy and don't know what I'm talking about so....

Maybe the @Redhat folks in the room know someone on the CDN side of
things?

Potentially "broken" repos are:
  https://cdn.redhat.com/content/beta/rhel/server/7/x86_64/rhscl/1/os
  https://cdn.redhat.com/content/beta/rhel/workstation/7/x86_64/rhscl/1/os
  https://cdn.redhat.com/content/els/rhel/server/5/5Server/x86_64/os
  https://cdn.redhat.com/content/els/rhel/server/5/5Server/i386/os

In the mean time now that I have a proven way to interrogate via curl
whether or not my client certs are returning content to pulp, I'm going to
go ahead and re-generate a new entitlement certificate bundle since all 4
repos are special repo types (beta, ELS).  I do know that at least the ELS
repos use different PEM files for access since I get an els.pem file in the
bundle.

Thanks!
 - Kodiak