[Pulp-list] 2.17.0 is generally available

Ina Panova ipanova at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 20:28:40 UTC 2018

Pulp 2.17.0 is now generally available. It can be downloaded from the
stable repositories:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/stable/2.17/

This release includes bugfixes and features for: Docker Support and RPM
Support

Upgrading
=======

The Pulp 2.17 stable repository is included in the pulp repo files:

    https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for
Fedora
    https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 7

After enabling the pulp-stable repository, you'll want to follow the
standard upgrade path
with migrations:

$ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd
$ sudo yum upgrade
$ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
$ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd

The pulp_streamer and goferd services should be omitted if those services
are not installed.

Issues Addressed
=============

Docker Support

3757    If upload fails partial manifest is associated to the repo
3892    Can't copy Docker tags or manifest lists between repositories
3904    Can't upload manifest list to Docker repository
3905    Purge for unlinked manifests is not working correctly
3137    As a user, I can view docker image Arch and Size Information
through the REST API
3450    As a user I would like to limit the tags we sync for docker repos
3497    As a user, I can upload skopeo tar that references existing layers

RPM Support

2781    Vendor field is present in db if RPM is uploaded, it is missed in
case of sync
3875    Traceback when RPM import fails signature check
3899    Failed PULP_MANIFEST downloads aren't reported to the user
3903    Redundant solver instantiated and loaded during a recursive
associate call
3661    Add model for modular content
3708    Add model for Modulemd-defaults
3657    As a user I can manage modulemd content
3659    Add a migration for transition from basic to advanced modular
support
3715    Reimplement unit dependency solving with the libsolv library
3766    As a user I can manage modulemd-defaults content
3847    Introduce weak dependency solving
3862    As a user i can sync and remove modulemd
3863    As a user i can sync and remove modulemd-defaults
3864    As a user i can copy modulemd
3865    As a user i can copy modulemd-defaults
3868    As a user I can publish a repository with modulemd content
3869    As a user I can publish a repository with modulemd-defaults content
3873    As a user, I can upload modulemd and modulemd-defaults content
3874    Support --validate importer option for Modulemd
3876    Can't recursively copy RPM between repos

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."