[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.18.0 now Generally Available

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 21:41:47 UTC 2018

Pulp 2.18.0 is now Generally Available, and can be downloaded from the 2.18
stable repositories:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/stable/2.18/

This release includes new features for: Pulp, RPM Support, Puppet Support,
Docker Support, and Crane.

Upgrading
=========

The Pulp 2.18 stable repository is included in the pulp repo files:
    https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for
Fedora
    https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 7

After enabling the pulp-stable repository, you'll want to follow the
standard upgrade path
with migrations:

$ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd
$ sudo yum upgrade
$ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
$ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager
pulp_celerybeat pulp_streamer goferd

The pulp_streamer and goferd services should be omitted if those services
are not installed.

Issues Addressed
================

Pulp
    1758    As a user, I would like to be able to change timeout values
    4068    pulp-admin in cron : "IOError: [Errno 25] Inappropriate ioctl
for device"
    4092    redirect_host defaults to socket.getfqdn() instead of None
    3927    As a user, I can upload information about Consumer
    4007    As a user, I can sync rpm packages with sha512 checksums
    4120    Syncing a repo with `background` download policy raises
InvalidURL in RHEL 7.6

RPM Support
    3876    Can't recursively copy RPM between repos
    3256    all sslclientcert in pulp.repo are called client.crt
    3841    Pulp 2: Malicious iso feed repo can write arbitrary files with
user apache.
    4056    module information missing from errata search api
    4130    Not able to upload RPMs
    4144    Duplicated module dependnecy entries both after sync and after
migration
    3924    Add a migration for the "vendor" field
    3919    As a user, I can manage modular Errata content
    3925    As a user, I can retrieve a list of applicable RPMs, Errata,
and Module streams for a consumer
    3959    Modular errata sync and publish
    4049    As a user, I can know if an RPM is modular or not
    4058    As a user, I can calculate applicability for modular content

Puppet Support
    4140    Puppet fails to find metadata file if there are multiple
top-level files/dirs

Docker Support
    2849    Worker terminates abnormally while processing task
    2966    Unable to sync docker repo because worker dies

Crane
    3857    As a user, i want Crane to be able to serve Docker registry
content directly as well as be able to use redirects

Known Issues
Ignore this section if you haven't tried to upgrade to Pulp 2.18.0 yet.

If you run MongoDB 2.x and tried to upgrade to Pulp 2.18.0 before this
announcement, you likely ran into the issue with migrations.
See https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4225

This problem is fixed now and included into Pulp 2.18.0 release.
Just repeat the usual upgrade procedure.