[Pulp-list] Why isn't my distributor working?

James Shewey jdshewey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 06:25:05 UTC 2018

I am working on a very simply pulp distributor plugin (which I have
published on github at https://github.com/jdshewey/pulp_hook) which is
designed to execute an arbitrary script which will allow me to trigger
actions outside of pulp when a repo is published by executing an arbitrary
script (in my case, I will be triggering actions in saltstack with it).

I have largely followed the documentation here:
https://docs.pulpproject.org/dev-guide/newtypesupport/plugin/example.html
and using the pulp_python plugin as examples, however I have found that
with my distributor plugin, publish_repo does not seem to be called. I do
see when reviewing the logs at /var/log/pulp/pulp.log that my plugin is
discovered and loaded and if I attempt to write a test file to /tmp/test
using a simple write, this will work if placed in the entry_point()
function. If I move it down to the publish_repo function inside of my
DistributionHook class however, this file is not created when a repo is
synced and a new repo published; presumably because the function in my
plugin is never called. Similarly, the system call to my script doesn't
work either.

So what am I doing wrong? How come publish_repo is never called and what am
I missing?

Regards,

James Shewey