[Pulp-list] RHEL 6 Server ISOs CDN channel problem?

Rohan McGovern rmcgover at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 00:59:41 UTC 2018

Kodiak Firesmith <kfiresmith at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Tyrone,
> Unfortunately the problem is ongoing.  I've just tried once more to be
> sure, it's still related to the rhel-server-6.10-x86_64-dvd.iso image
> sync.  I'm wondering if the CDN team might be able to scrutinize that ISO
> compared to other ISOs that do work, and see what makes this particular ISO
> uniquely problematic.

Could you please try that once more?

What happened here is that Red Hat published a new version of this ISO
(and several others) with the same filename.  This is an unusual event
and some of the publishing tools didn't cope with it correctly,
particularly with respect to CDN caching.  It meant that some clients
were still seeing the old version of the ISOs, leading to a checksum
mismatch on sync.

The issue should be resolved now, with all clients only seeing the
up-to-date content.

I've also filed https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3845 regarding the unhelpful
error messages from Pulp.

--