[Pulp-list] Feedback Requested: Unified Ansible Installer for Pulp 3

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 19:00:29 UTC 2018

Bruno, thank you for pointing that out. I agree.

This introduces a new use case: to be able to install Python packages to
the system and not into a virtualenv. It also made us think about root as
being a requirement for running this playbook with its defaults. I've
updated the two tickets that deal w/ those aspects. The virtualenv will
default to "/usr/local/pulpenv", it can be overridden, and if unset will
install to the system package store. Edit references are below:

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3716#note-5
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3723#note-6

Other feedback, ideas, questions, or concerns are welcome.