[Pulp-list] Issue while syncing EPEL-7 repo from fedoraproject.

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 17:20:02 UTC 2018

pulp_rpm does not currently support metalink so it's not capable of syncing
from a metalink source. When you try to do that (the feed that isn't
working) it treats it like a normal rpm remote repo and looks for the
primary.xml file which it can't find and then bails.

pulp_rpm does support mirrorlist and is capable of following the mirror
info from a URL (the second url, the one that works) to a specific mirror
to find the primary.xml it needs. So that is why the second feed url works.